Green Mountain United Way
Position Title: NEK Working Bridges Resource Coordinator
Reports To: GMUW Community Impact Program Manager
Green Mountain United Way fights for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community. GMUW proudly serves Caledonia, Essex, Orange, Orleans, and Washington Counties of Vermont through community impact initiatives, donor designations, and collaborative partnerships to directly impact complex social issues and systemic challenges.
Program & Position
The Working Bridges program is a partnership between United Way and employers focused on giving employees the resources they need to gain, keep, and grow in stable employment. Working Bridges directly improves business and workforce stability by bringing innovative practices to employers and employees using the workplace as a platform to provide human services and resource connections.
The Working Bridges Resource Coordinator is a key team member of the Working Bridges program who provides on-site and/or remote assistance to employees of program worksites to address issues like transportation, financial instability, housing, and common life challenges.
The Resource Coordinator is an individual with exceptional knowledge of community resources, state services, and financial coaching who works on-site at a partnering employer site for at least four hours per week per site to help employees navigate non-work-related issues. Other elements of the program include on-site individual or group training for employees, mobile tax preparation, coordination of income advance loans for employees, and participation in employer collaborative meetings.
As a key member of the Working Bridges team, this person will provide resource coordination services at the existing five (5) employer program sites in the Northeast Kingdom. This person will also work with the GMUW team and sister Working Bridges programs in providing employer/employee trainings, sharing of knowledge through Resource Coordinator team meetings and help in facilitating employer collaborative sessions.
The Resource Coordinator (RC) is responsible for providing employees with individual assistance in accessing community resources and social services to resolve non-work issues that directly or indirectly affect an individual’s work life. Through a variety of outreach, communication and coaching methods, the RC will:
- Provide current information and referrals to clients for community and social service resources through coordinated in-person, virtual and/or text meetings
- Provide listening support, problem-solving, financial and life skills coaching
- Develop professional and trusted relationships with employers, employees, human resource departments, community partners, and program team members
- Provide assistance in both the development and facilitation of educational trainings and outreach activities
- Track and document all components of client interaction and service delivery using eLogic database
- Work with awareness and in cooperation with regional Working Bridges team members and participants
- Exercise discretion, confidentiality, and independent judgment regarding the needs of employees in compliance with HIPAA regulations
- Provide a positive, trauma-informed, and strengths-based approach to work
STANDARD DAILY DUTIES:
- Provide one-on-one guidance and assistance to employees at the workplace, through personal meetings, email, phone, and/or text. This includes connecting employees with community resources and following up to ensure problems are resolved; providing forms/applications for services, assisting employees with paperwork; making inquiries on behalf of employees when appropriate.
- Provide individual or family financial coaching as needed
- Travel daily to Working Bridges program sites within the NEK region. Reliable transportation and license are required.
- Perform data entry of services provided in a timely manner
- Effectively research and promote resources at each worksite through versatile platforms
- Periodic facilitation support for trainings and outreach events
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field and 3-5 year experience in consumer advocacy, community coordination, resource coordination within a non-profit or public health agency. Applicants with equivalent experience will be considered.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including but not limited to Word, Excel. Experience in Google Office, database programs and ability to source information through various web search engines.
- Working knowledge of public assistance and community programs, public/private resources for common issues like child/elder care, transportation, food access, financial counseling, etc.
- Ability to facilitate program introduction and educational training sessions for a diverse audience
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills, the ability to listen and gain rapport and trust with diverse populations
- Recent attendance (or willingness to attend) at one or more Working Bridges Concepts and GMUW’s K.E.E.P. Financial Coaching training or recent financial coaching training
- Positive, non-judgmental attitude and commitment to ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion of all people
- Commitment to the mission and values of Green Mountain United Way
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and as part of a high-performing team
Green Mountain United Way’s central office is located in Barre, VT. The majority of the Resource Coordinator’s time will be at Working Bridges NEK employer locations or an appropriate remote location. Employer locations include a manufacturing facility, large non-profit human service agency, childcare facility, and health care provider. Background check may be required.
This position requires the ability to:
- Frequently travel throughout NEK region (mileage reimbursement provided at the current federal rate)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule not to exceed 40 hours per week
- Ability to tolerate prolonged sitting and/or standing, walking
- Mobility includes regular sitting, standing, and walking
Benefits and Compensation
The position is an exempt, full time position with generous health care, dental and vision benefits. Generous and flexible paid time off and holidays. In support of our mission, GMUW provides opportunities that promote wellness and personal development, including a half-priced membership to Green Mountain Community Fitness, a premier full service fitness facility located upstairs from the GMUW office. Salary range is $40-42,000 annually based on experience.
Please send resume AND cover letter (electronic correspondence preferred) by January 31, 2022 to:
Tawnya Kristen, Executive Director
Green Mountain United Way
Attention: Tawnya Kristen, ED
652 Granger Road Barre, VT 05602
No phone calls or office visits without appointment please.
Green Mountain United Way values diversity, equity and inclusion in our hiring practices and in our work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.