Workplace Campaigns are one of the most accessible ways for anyone to become a philanthropist within our community! Thanks to our business partners (listed below), employees throughout our five-county region are able to give through payroll deductions, making giving easy, secure, and simple! For just a few dollars a pay period they are making a difference in their community by joining together with others to fund the important work we and other nonprofits are doing here in Central Vermont and the Northeast Kingdom.
Our Campaign Champions are the engines that drive this giving, these folks commit their work time to making sure employees can participate in the campaign, have fun, give back, and are recognized for their generous contributions. If you’d like to join this incredible group of people and have your workplace hold a United Way Campaign, contact Carrie Stahler at email@example.com to set up a time to talk! We are here to help you navigate this process, support your campaign, and celebrate your good work!
Workplace Campaign Champion Toolkit – NEW for 2020-21
For Campaign Champions (workplace campaign coordinators):
- Workplace Campaign Champion Toolkit (everything you ever wanted to know about holding a United Way Workplace Campaign in one short, easy-to-read guide! This is from 2019, so does not reference all the digital tools available this year, read on for more!)
- UPDATED Campaign Champion Training PowerPoint
- Setting a Workplace Campaign Goal (in dollars, can be used for participation #’s too!)
Materials for your Campaign:
NEW 2020 Campaign Video
- Printable Pledge Card – United Way can provide as many as you need for employees, request them from Carrie and Beckie
- Fillable PDF Pledge Card
- United Way COVID-19 Impact Infographic Poster or Pledge form backer (8.5×11)
- Impact Stories (more stories coming soon!)
- “What a Dollar Can Do” info sheet – great for emails, payroll stuffers, campaign webpages, etc.
- Green Mountain United Way Brochure – United Way will provide as many of these as you need for employees, email Carrie or Beckie to get as many as you need.
- Workplace Campaign Poster: PDF or JPEG
- Thermometer (folder with all levels from 10% to 100%
- United Way Program Descriptions & Stories
- Green Mountain United Way’s Working Bridges Program Video:
Great Ideas from our Partners:
- Try a video Kickoff Event – we used Zoom for ours, but any video platform can work!
- Thank-you gifts for participants, thanks to our partners at the VtSHARES Campaign for these examples
- Online Raffle – we’ve tried Rafflecopter’s free version and liked it!
- Online Auction (this platform has worked well for us!)
- Why We Give cards (coming soon)
- Facebook page or group for employees, thanks to our partners at Hickok Boardman for creating this!
- Get creative – hold a concert, fashion show, talent show, or dance contest and get support to do it all LIVE online. Our friends at Gingerbeard House Productions are here to help (special pricing for United Way fundraising partners – contact Thomas).
After The Campaign is Completed:
Thank you to the following Business Leaders in our Community for supporting the work of Green Mountain United Way and our fellow-nonprofits through Workplace Campaigns!
In order of their past Contributions to the Community Campaign:
Northfield Savings Bank
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont
Green Mountain Power
University of Vermont
Vermont Energy Investment Corporation
The Wayside Restaurant & Creamery
Hickok & Boardman Insurance Group
Community National Bank
Central Vermont Home Health & Hospice
Barre Housing Authority
People’s United Bank
National Life Group
Spaulding High School & Barre Vocational Center
Washington Electric Coop
Noyle Johnson Insurance
Washington County Mental Health
Northeast Kingdom Human Services
North Country Hospital
Vermont Economic Development Authority
Engelberth Construction Co Inc
Vermont Captive Insurance Association
Vermont Electric Cooperative
Union Mutual Fire Insurance Company
Vermont Center for Independent Living
Liberty Mutual Insurance Group
Weidmann Electrical Technologies
General Electric Foundation
Sanel NAPA Auto Parts
Northeast Kingdom Council on Aging, Inc.
Mascoma Savings Bank
E. J. Prescott
Fothergill Segale & Valley
Northern Vermont University
Bank of America
Family Center of Washington County
The University of Vermont Medical Center
Vermont Federal Credit Union
Vermont Technical College
Keurig Green Mountain
United Ways of Vermont
Town of Northfield
Ricoh Production Print Solutions
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center