Workplace Campaigns are one of the most accessible ways for anyone to become a philanthropist within our community for as little as $1 per pay period, or just $26 per year! Thanks to our business partners (listed below), employees throughout our five-county region are able to give through payroll deductions, making giving easy, secure, and simple! For just a few dollars a pay period they are making a difference in their community by joining together with others to fund the important work we and other nonprofits are doing here in Central Vermont and the Northeast Kingdom.
Our Campaign Champions are the engines that drive this giving, these folks commit their work time to make sure employees can participate in the campaign, have fun, give back, and are recognized for their generous contributions. If you’d like to join this incredible group of people and have your workplace hold a United Way Campaign, contact Tawnya Kristen at email@example.com to set up a time to talk! We are here to help you navigate this process, support your campaign, and celebrate your good work!
Workplace Campaign Champion Toolkit – NEW for 2021-22
For Campaign Champions (workplace campaign coordinators):
- Workplace Campaign Champion Toolkit (everything you ever needed to know!)
- UPDATED Campaign Champion Training PowerPoint
- Setting a Workplace Campaign Goal (in dollars, can be used for participation #’s too!)
Materials for your Campaign:
Campaign Video – new video on the way for 2021!
- Printable Pledge Card – United Way can provide as many as you need for employees, request them from Beckie
- Fillable PDF Pledge Card
- “What a Dollar Can Do” info sheet – great for emails, payroll stuffers, campaign webpages, etc.
- Sample Campaign Emails for entire campaign period
- Workplace Campaign Poster: PDF or JPEG
- Thermometer (folder with downloadable Thermometer graphics for all levels from 10% to 100%)
- Green Mountain United Way Brochure – United Way will provide as many of these as you need for employees, email Beckie to request as many as you need.
- Green Mountain United Way Program & Collaborations One-pager
- United Way Program Descriptions & Stories
- Template for Coordinator’s Letter and What Your Dollars Do at United Way Stories
- Green Mountain United Way Programs and Partnerships PowerPoint
- Green Mountain United Way’s Working Bridges Program Video:
Great Ideas from our Partners:
- Try a video Kickoff Event – we used Zoom for our 2020 Campaign Kickoff event, but any video platform can work!
- Thank-you gifts for participants, thanks to our partners at the VtSHARES Campaign for these examples – also check out the United Way Store for lots of great LIVE UNITED branded items
- Online Raffle – we’ve tried Rafflecopter’s free version and liked it!
- Online Auction (this platform has worked well for us!)
- Facebook page or group for employees, thanks to our partners at Hickok Boardman for creating this!
- Get creative – hold a concert, fashion show, talent show, or dance contest and get support to do it all LIVE online. Works on Zoom, Teams, Google Meet, WebEx, or good old YouTube – try TikTok if you want to go viral!
After The Campaign is Completed:
- Workplace Campaign Final Report for 2021-22
Thank you to the following Business Leaders in our Community for supporting the work of Green Mountain United Way and our fellow-nonprofits through Workplace Campaigns!
In order of their past Contributions to the Community Campaign:
Northfield Savings Bank
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont
Green Mountain Power
University of Vermont
Vermont Energy Investment Corporation
The Wayside Restaurant & Creamery
Hickok & Boardman Insurance Group
Community National Bank
Central Vermont Home Health & Hospice
Barre Housing Authority
People’s United Bank
National Life Group
Spaulding High School & Barre Vocational Center
Washington Electric Coop
Noyle Johnson Insurance
Washington County Mental Health
Northeast Kingdom Human Services
North Country Hospital
Vermont Economic Development Authority
Engelberth Construction Co Inc
Vermont Captive Insurance Association
Vermont Electric Cooperative
Union Mutual Fire Insurance Company
Vermont Center for Independent Living
Liberty Mutual Insurance Group
Weidmann Electrical Technologies
General Electric Foundation
Sanel NAPA Auto Parts
Northeast Kingdom Council on Aging, Inc.
Mascoma Savings Bank
E. J. Prescott
Fothergill Segale & Valley
Northern Vermont University
Bank of America
Family Center of Washington County
The University of Vermont Medical Center
Vermont Federal Credit Union
Vermont Technical College
Keurig Green Mountain
United Ways of Vermont
Town of Northfield
Ricoh Production Print Solutions
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center